Welcome to Richardson Eye Associates, Your Richardson TX Optometrist
Here at Richardson Eye Associates, our optometrist offers services for frame selections, vision exams, and much more. Our Richardson, TX optometrist takes a personalized approach to treating your eyes so that you can receive the proper care from the exam room to your frames or contact lens selection.
We’re led by Dr. Henry F. Krauss, Jr., O.D., F.A.A.O. Having studied molecular biology and biochemistry at the Centre College of Kentucky, Dr. Krauss soon realized his true calling and enrolled at the University of Houston College of Optometry.
Today, he has decades of experience in eye care, specifically laser vision correction and eye disorders. For two consecutive years (this year and 2016), Dr. Krauss was honored by the “Reader’s Choice Award” by Living Magazine in Richardson, calling him the “Best Optometrist.”
Dr. Scott A. Harris, O.D., is our other optometrist. He too studied at the University of Houston College of Optometry. Dr. Harris specializes in diagnosing hypertension, diabetes, and eye diseases. Throughout his education, Dr. Harris was inducted into several honor societies including; Phi Theta Kappa, Omnicrom Delta Kappa, Alpha Chi, and The Honors Alliance, due to his excellence in academic performance. Dr. Harris was also named one of "America's Top Optometrists" for 2014-2016.
Our patients come first at Richardson Eye Associates. That’s why we proudly have a variety of services to suit our patients’ every vision need. These services are:
- Frame selection, with hundreds of options to choose from
- LASIK laser surgery for common vision issues like astigmatism, hyperopia, and myopia
- PRK, or photoreactive keratectomy, a laser surgery that’s like LASIK
- Sunglasses fittings and other sun protection services
- Computer vision treatment, which occurs from overexposure to screens, including smartphone screens
- Hard-to-fit contacts for those with giant papillary conjunctivitis, dry eye, presbyopia, and astigmatism
- Contact lens exams and fittings
- Comprehensive eye exams, with a refraction test for accurate contact lens or glasses prescriptions, retinal imaging via the Optomap device, eye pressure testing with a tonometer, detailed macular and retinal review with an ophthalmoscope, iris and conjunctiva review with a biomicroscope, a medical assessment, and a visual function test
If you’re interested in setting up an appointment with Dr. Krauss or Dr. Harris, give us a call at 972-231-3439. Remember, in an emergency, there’s no need to call ahead.Our address is Richardson Eye Associates, 660 West Campbell Road, Suite 102.