At Richardson Eye Associates we take the health of our patients and staff very seriously. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic and the higher risk it poses to some of our patients, we have implemented additional procedures to ensure the safety of all. If you have any risk factors that would make you a high-risk patient, please take note of the procedures listed below. If at any time you have questions or concerns, please let us know.
CDC Risk factors for COVID-19
- Over the age of 65
- History of respiratory problems
- Live in a nursing home or long-term care facility
- Lung Disease or Asthma
- Heart Disease
- Are Immunocompromised - including going through any kind of cancer treatment
- Severe Obesity
Procedures for high risk patients
- Please let the office know prior to your appointment if you are considered high risk.
- Upon arrival to the office, please remain in your car and call the front desk (972-231-3439) to let us know of your arrival.
- A staff member (who will be wearing a mask) will meet you by the back door to the office, with a face mask for you to wear, and will escort you directly into an exam room. This will allow you to enter an exam room without the need to walk through the office and will minimize contact that you have with both staff and other patients.
- You will be able to complete all your new patient paperwork in the exam room and a staff member will take it to the front desk for you.
Our office will also be following the regular office procedures as outlined under the “Coronavirus Info” tab – which includes: disinfecting every surface touched by a doctor or patient between patient exams (including clipboards, pens, chair, etc.), wearing masks, not making any physical contact with a patient during an exam unless absolutely necessary (e.g. raising an eyelid), and having the patient perform some of those tasks if appropriate.